About the class
Make a street art poster. We will design a character or symbol, blow it up to a bigger size, draw it onto poster paper, give it colour with watered down acrylic, cut it out and then paste it up somewhere.
About the teacher, Guy Holness
I am The UP-Cycle Guy on a mission to build an empire of positivity, I’m using recycled materials to make positive products and then selling them to generate funding for The Inspirational Network, my organisation that uses art as a tool to inspire people to be more creative. I am the curator of Creative Connect exhibitions. I also wear funky Dudes on my shoes.
How to take part in this Trade School class
1.Bring one of the following barter items for your teacher:
- Left over paint (e.g. half tins)
- A random item from that random draw in your house where you just randomly throw things in every now and again…. My mom calls it the useful draw.
- An offer to help out for an hour in the UP-Cycle workshop
- Screws, nails, bolts, hinges etc.
- An offer to teach a Trade School class yourself
2. Sign up for a place in the class at the Festival Welcome point any time before the class starts.
3. Join in the class in the Workshop at gather