About the class
Sow wildflowers, not war! In this hands-on trade school, Wayne leads us through how to make seeds bombs out of ordinary clay and wildflower-seeds. Once dry, these can be lobbed onto unloved plots of land. Let nature do her thing, and watch a riot of colour appear.
About the teacher, Wayne Trevor
I am a co-founder of the Open Orchard Project, which connects communities through fruit and planting fruit trees in public places, and a passionate grower at home and in community gardens. I’ve spent almost a decade working and volunteering in the third sector promoting equality, protection of the natural environment and more recently in and around the food system.
How to take part in this Trade School class
1. Register for a Day 1 Festival Pass
2. Bring one of the following barter items for your teacher:
- A joke
- A notebook
- A surprise
- An offer to teach a Trade School class yourself
- Something recycled/upcycled/re-used
- Something to eat
2. Sign up for a place in the class at the Festival Welcome point any time before the class starts.
3. Join in the class in the Inspiration Lab
Photo credit: Craig ONeal on Flickr